Noob's first gaming/o'c build

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome computer but I would change 1 thing:

go with a Nvidia 6800 GT instead of the X800XL

it will be more capable of running th Unreal3 engine

Huh, there is a 25 dollar diff in price between x800xl and 6800GT? I thought the diff was like 50-100 bucks. Yeah go with 6800GT because it has pixel shader 3.0. If I knew the diff was that small in price, I would have got the 6800GT. I hope not having Pixel Shader 3.0 won't hurt me too badly for the next 6 months or so because I won't be able to buy a new card for awhile.

Slayer, this is Canada, our prices are retarted

EDIT: Their's a 20$ price diff between 6600 and 6600GT

http://pricenetwork.ca/

Best...site...ever... There aren't a lot of comparison-shopping type sites in Canada (AFAIK), but I stumbled upon this one, it's really helped me with my build. The cost adds up significantly cheaper by referencing this site rather than by judging the approximate prices by a few of the known cheaper retailers....which means I can buy better components on my budget. I'm sure all the canucks on here know about it, but just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone didn't (edit: you'll get more results for a lot of things if you enter the product number rather than name if you are looking for a specific item).

Most places the 6800GT is $50-100 more than the x800xl, but one place is offering the MSI 6800GT for $25 more than the cheapest x800xl I could find (the ATI, I think), so hells yah. Still have to check out some retailers at College/Spadina in Toronto, but I don't think I'm going to beat this price.

Go with the LanParty board, whoever tells you different is seriously misinformed. This board is made for overclocking pretty much. I would also suggest the 6800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom