total reinstall of win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomlight

Solid State Member
I am currently running windows xp pro butI am trying to do a fresh install of windows xp pro because I`m selling my computer.I must have some corrupted files because I get a error message when the computer tries to reboot as part of the installation proccess.So I can`t do a new install from within Windows.
I was thinking that if I could boot to the xp cd I may have better luck.However my computer won`t boot to the cd on startup.
Could anyone suggest how I could do this.Or possibly tell me what I must do to reformat so I can start from scratch ? Any suggestions would be so appreciated, thanks Al

Your cd may not be bootable If rohos suggestion doesnt work. If thats the case, you'll need to make boot diskettes. I think there is like 6 if I'm not mistaken? Good luck.

thankyou

thanks folks I was able to load from boot up and have reinstalled win xp. thanks again

Are ya trying to do a new install because you're selling your old PC and Just want to blank the Hard Drive so none of your old Data is on it and give the guy the PC with Just Win XP on it? Then Apokalipse is right the CD Key goes with the PC my Friend.

And thanks again for the continued input.. I could not agree more with your moral point .Yes My new computer came with a copy of xp .You guys are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom