wats the right thing to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
ok, this is probably in the wrong section but o well, anyway, when i finally get a job as a computer tech, if i recieve an order for a format and reinstall, but i have a suspicion about the issue or with the person, something having to do with being a stolen computer or an illegal serial/license, do i go on with the order or do I call the manufacturer asking for information or call MS asking who the license belongs to?

Re:

Hello,

Simple answer...it's entirely up to you!!!

Do as you please... :) .

But if I were you, I'd just do the format anyways! Saves hassle, and probably prevents me from possibly being attacked by suspected computer stealing guy :p :p .

That will always be a pickle,the computer could have been bought from a friend or in the newspaper,so calling MS would not help much.I would just double check with your manager if you have doubts.Let them make the call so the heat is off your back.

there is any number of things that could make it seem like someone else's computer, even though they own it. Perhaps bought it off a friend, from a pawn shop, etc. the fact that the person would go to a computer shop to get it tooken care off makes it sound less like a thief as they would just try to unload it as fast as possible.

Unless it was something like Neo's there, where you would take it home and spoil it like it deserves :D

Re:

Hello,

Actually...if i were a professional computer thief :rolleyes: then I wouldn't go to a computer store to get the PC formatted or repaired of anything requiring documentation or public display.

Instead I'd make sure to do it myself, flog it as it is or either get a sidekick nerd to format or repair it.

(Hyperthetically speaking of course...:rolleyes: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom