Final Computer Building Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all that I've heard about XFX that probably is true, but I haven't heard bad things about Connect3d or rosewill. Actually my brother bought a cheap mouse from Rosewill and he just loves it, I think the card will be perfectly reliable.

dale5605, i dont favor Sapphire.... As far as ATI cards go, Sapphire not only sells the most, but offer the best.

Dale, if you knew as much as you like to seem. You would know Corsair arent ideal for OC. Thats pretty elementary, but at first i did think Corsair was great for OC. Besides, 1.9ghz is not a big enough increase to notice any kind of latency effect. I have got my friends value ram to 2.688ghz on my 4000.

guess I will go with the cheapest x800XL if i do get one, I compared rosewell, connect3d, and the ATI original. They all look the same, come with the same cords, manual, and CD, the same newegg warrenty, great reviews and I can't seem to find a single difference.

edit:checked out saphire, should have looked at it before i made this post, looks way different than the others, but it comes with the same extras, but no reviews. It is 30 bucks more than the rosewill, and the only difference I can find is the looks......But I havent looked into it deep, so there MAY be other differences.......

Sapphire went off on a tangent from the x800 xl reference design. I don't think it is any better than the rosewill and I don't think it warrants the extra money. Up to you though, the specs are exactly the same.

And codeine I was trying to copy you from another thread as a joke, I guess you missed that one. You were talking about that one guy pushing Intel so I reworded what you said and said it against you about Sapphire, just a joke though. :p

And I just said Corsair will OC plenty, IMO. Perhaps it won't OC enough if you are planning on big-time OCing but for general purposes it seems like great RAM to me. And it runs nice and cool. Never had a problem from it stability wise either. Of course I haven't tried OCZ myself. They've been a more recent addition to the market, but if you buy me some I'll give em' a try. ;)

The Sapphires will OC the best. All the reviews i have read concerning the X800's, OC and not. Have all been Sapphire's, i have even talked with people about OC Sapphires. So in my opinion, the Sapphire's are the best ATI's to OC, while staying reliable. Its just like the eVGA, but for ATI.

As far as Rosewill go's, i wouldent buy any kind of product from them. They offer the cheapest mobo's known to man, i'd probably get a ECS over them. Rosewill's, XT PE looks like a good card. But when you have other brands amongst them, i would get another card. If your looking to OC, then get a XFX or Sapphire. Rosewill's mobo's blow at OC, i would say their video cards would also. Again, if you look at OC reviews, its always the Sapphire. Thats because they offer the best ATI cards.

well i second Codine on saphire over roswill. also DON'T get that corsair!!!

that corsair cl2 not very good at all. the fact is that it my GEIL VALUE will do as well at it at oc. i run my system at 2.3ghz 1:1 with 3-3-3-5 1t timings. now thats not the best ever but if thats as far as you want to go get this. if you want to get the best oc ram get g.skill and if you can't afford that then get the OCZ (not sure if its cheaper)

Can some1 give me links to some good OCZ and G.Skill RAM? Not top of the line, but some good overclockable, best bang for your buck, not over $200........In fact it would be nice NOT to even go over 180, but I may if its really good RAM and not too much more...........As I do have a budget.......

That's pricey.

Oh and codeine I was talking about rosewill's video cards. NOT their motherboards. A company can screw up a motherboard pretty easily. It takes a lot of quality to make a good motherboard. But it is not as easy to screw up an x800 xl. Especially when they are following the reference design to a T like rosewill is. If you look at all the cheapest x800 xl's on newegg you will see they all look the same. Because all the companies are just using the reference design. Hence why I would buy a $279 Connect3d or Rosewill instead of a $305 sapphire.

yeah, too pricey for my blood........not gonna get the 2x256.....so, i guess g.skill is outta the question........im gonna look at geil and ocz next i guess......see if those are more affordable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom