PC in a mini fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolancer said:
2)4W4K3 - i didnt understand anything u posted, im a pritty bad speller, so i usualy understand incohearent stuff, but u have the rong words placed next to each other or something.

4W4K3 - u c ice crystalls on stuff such as Icecream box's in your freezer becasue... once the box is out of the freezer, condensation forms on it, and when its put back inthe freezer, the condensation freezess into ice crystals.

if u dont understand what i said, then u obviously shouldn't build a water chiller. cuz that (in a VERY general way) is how to make a water chiller and where to include it in your loop.

you prove my point then, in your freezer you see ice crystals on some of your foods/containers. you get ice forming on your CPU...and your screwed. everytime u shutdown your computer and turn it back on, you are going to get a drastic temp change inside your frige/freezer, and that will for lots of condensation (your fridge is not ever completely moisture free, if that was so everything you stuck in it after a week would dry up and crumble)

most things you put in your freezer are half way frozen and from being out in normal temps they start to melt and produce the condensation, then you put that stuff in your fridge and if you ask me thats where it comes from. If you put your dry pc in your dry freezer I dont think it should be a prob unless its really humid in your house then that would atract some moisture inside.

Dehumidifier or not, you still run the risk. Each time you open that door, you're letting in a ton of moisture. Even if the fridge filters it out, it will take time, and all the while your machine is exposed to it.

Also, just because you think there's no moisture, doesn't mean there isn't any. Humans have a very low ability to sense minute traces of moisture. What you think is dry can be absolutely soggy to the fine components of a PC.

Your best bet is to just not put the PC in the fridge. Like I said earlier, use a water-cooling system to send the cold safely to the PC. Get some good quality insulated AC hosing from the hardware store, which won't condensate, put the cooling pump in the deep-freezer, cut some notches in the lid seal, and pipe it all through. Done, and much safer and more practical.

Plus, you guys also have to remember that just because your CPU works better at cold temps, doesn't mean the rest of your machine does. Those motors in your drives don't like freezing temperatures, and neither do most other components.

Just a thought- all the money that you would poor into this killer machine, y not just buy a kick @ss cooling system thats meant for the comp and so that you wouldnt have to mess around with all of this condensadion problems....

although i must say, it would b pretty cool to have ur pc in the same place your store your beverages of choice. it almost sounds like a "survival box" you have everything you need all in one box (mini fridge)!

pccc

There are lots of attempts at this, just Google "PC Fridge" or something similiar. Also look into AC cooled systems, can work just as well but again condensation/moisture is the #1 problem with almost all of them. I haven't read a build log yet that didn't mention this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom