amd cpu....which one

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
i need some help choosing a cpu first i didnt know if i should get intel or amd..but after some thinking i kind choose amd...now after choosing i need help choosing which one to get that will fit my needs(3d modeling in maya....max....and some online gaming)
i am planing on buying all my stuff from newegg becouse so many of you posted links to that site....
http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/AMD/HL2/index2.html
i was thinking fx 55 but i dont thibk that i can build around that with only $500...all what i have is $1500 .......
by the way do you think i should go with amd (just one good cpu)or should i aim for dual ....
thanks

For that budget, get a 3400+ OEM newcastle or a 3500+ Retail whinchester.

The 3400+ is even slightly faster, but the 3500 is more power efficent and runs cooler, so it overclocks much better.

Yeah I'd say the 3500+ Winchester is a good choice as it has room for OC'ing too.

You COULD build around $500 if you really wanted that FX-55, but it depends...do you need a whole entire system from scratch?? Or are there going to be things like vid card, RAM, or HD that you will already have?

if you have 1500 you can get the amd athlon 64 3700+
than you have 1000 left
mobo $150-200
video $300-400
hd $100-150
drives $50-150
all should come around 1450 with cpu

The 3700 is a waste of money. You can easily overclock to it's speeds, and I believe it's 754 socket only.

na get the 3200 winchester cos it can easilly oc to 3800 speeds and beyond with a good mobo

agreed the 3200 winchester is a great chip go with. i know u sed u will be doin sum online gaming but wouldnt all them other progs uve listed run better on a P4 system?

I dont suggest the 3700 nor the 3200. First the 3700 is way to much money. The 3200 is a good idea, but he can afford something better. The 3500 can OC alot better then the 3200, since it already runs faster, so less OC is envolved. I'd have to say, with price and performace the 3500 winchester is the best out there.

3000+winnie from newegg since they move alot of volume and you will get a newer one and a msi neo2 platinum mobo(out of stock b/c they are a hot item) with this combo and some g.skill ram you will o/c to 2.6-2.7 easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom