advice for new cpu heatsink/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah im lazy and i'll stick with the Zalman stuff since I know it works well.

No insult intended. Just asking questions about a subject you seemed to know about thats all.

jono199 said:
If you want to cool your CPU and your GPU you can just use the Reserator, if you buy the GPU block aswell. The reason I wanted both was to see exactley how far each item could go. For stable computing you could just use the reserator.

Ok, do any other manufacturers produce these items, and are there any cheaper ?

The reserator is the one for cooling both your CPU and GPU, and overclockers sell the bits needed.

Overclockers

Your after the Zalman Reserator 1 Fanless Water Cooling System (WC-000-ZA) and the Zalman ZM-GWB1 Water Cooling VGA block for Reserator 1 (WC-001-ZA).

It comes with a CPU block by default.

Look at the image for Zalman Reserator 1 Fanless Water Cooling System (WC-000-ZA). The bit thats on the end of the pipes leading from the blue tower.

If your happy with doing stuff like that its fine.

Assuming you have a plan for some sort of cooling reservoir.

A few of us made something like this in college - (A-Levels not the US equivalent of Uni) and it worked out fine. Its one of the things that made me put a PC in a thermal goop filled freezer.

I would need a resevoir with that kit as well then ?

And i'm from UK as well if you hadn't noticed.

Yeah I had, but there are others who are from the USA which is why i mentioned it.

You can't just send the water round and round and hope it will cool off. It needs somewhere to float around with its mates, have a few pints and chill out basically. A fish tank would do, or a fish bowl. In order for me to work out the size of the bowl I would need loads of data and i don't want to do that since i dislike thermodynamics.

Also you need a few case fans to make sure condensation doesn't start to build up on the pipes and drip down onto other componants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom