computer wont boot

I had to reset the jumper but now since this has happened I've had to do this about 3-4 times since then and today just moving the jumper didn't work I had to pull the battery out. Does the battery need replaced or is this a sign my motherboard is on its way out?

Is the bios in IDE or AHCI and did you change this? and did you change anything in bios before this issue. It seems some sort of configuration is messing with the bios somehow..

Try boot without the battery, and check bios ver, you could flash it if you know how. but warning! this could kill your mobo completely if done "wrong".

Your choice :cool:

Last edited:
I'd default the bios before flashing it. Unless the newer bios fixes a really big bug, it's just not worth the risk of bricking your board. Although some boards now come with a default backup just in case a flash goes bad, not all of them have that feature.

I'd default the bios before flashing it. Unless the newer bios fixes a really big bug, it's just not worth the risk of bricking your board. Although some boards now come with a default backup just in case a flash goes bad, not all of them have that feature.

Yeah I agree, default first. Then try my suggestions :cool:

Usually you don't need to reset to defaults prior to flashing - I've always seen instructions to reset to defaults after a BIOS update.

Back
Top Bottom