Bitcoin mining

Remember to research your computing power against the current difficulty (I've not kept up-to-date with it so I don't know the current numbers). At one time a 10 GH/s device may have been impressive, but I remember there being a big wave of new hardware released recently which probably means you stand little chance on your own with a $50 ASIC.

I'm not telling you not to do it; just to do your research and make sure you're using up-to-date numbers in your calculations and not relying on blog posts from 2013.

I'm in a pool so I'm not alone. And this is just as a small time hobby, plus my money is not umlimited (unfortunately). So as a little hobby, would a 10 GH/s device be acceptable, or should I find something better?

If you're joining a pool, can't you communicate with other people in said pool? They'll have a better idea of what's going on.

No one here really mined, so we are a bad source. What is the hash rates now anyway?
As mining goes on the difficulty goes up, so while 10G was good it could now be horrid.
If you look at butterfly labs other products, $350 gets you a card with 700G rate.
To me you can get 7 of the 10s for 70G, or 1 card and get 10x the rate.
https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/bitcoin-mining-cards.html

Back
Top Bottom