My PC will not Shutdown

Ok what I did inside my case was basically checked all plugs were in correct slot and I re did the FPanel wires because I thought that was where the issue must lie. And what I meant when I said windows 7 was shutting down, was that it displays the shutting down page after I select shutdown from the start menu, or when I press my power button, but then my signal to my monitor is lost and my pc carrys on running. Unresponsive to anything I do, including holding down my power button. So I have to flick the switch on my psu to turn it off.

Thanks for all of the help guys I will try checking the power management settings when I get home from work this evening.

I would rather not do a fresh install of windows but if I cannot sus this out soon I will, it is starting to seem like a software issue after all.

Thanks again for the help guys, cheers.

ok so firstly i don't think it is my SSD, because i seems like once once my desktop pops up my computer zips around like SSDs do.

also, i did a full reformat and install of my windows 7 but still to no avail. My pc will still not shut down.

when i attempt to perform a shut down i cannot here or see anything inside my pc that would suggest its one of my components. however there is a "click" at the point where my PC would usually "click" and power off. maybe something stopping my PSU from disengaging?

I do not have a spare HDD, but to be fair i have not accessed the Storage drive in my PC for while, i could just unplug it and plug it in if i need it. But i don't think that my HDD would cause this issue.

But anyway i have made a discovery. That once i shut down and i lose signal to my monitor, my PC is actually in an endless boot cycle but it never makes it past the very first image in my boot of my Motherboard logo and hotkeys for bios and stuff. perhaps an issue with my mobo?

I was asking if you had a spare drive to install Windows on it (without activating) while having all the other drives unplugged to see if that fixed the issue.

What is your board?

Back
Top Bottom