Strange hardware probem

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) download memtest86+ and check your memory> www.memtest.org

2)take out all unnecesary devices

3)install latest graphics drivers. (preferably in safe-mode, press F8 before the loading screen)

4)check the HD cables, this looks like a unmountable boot volume to me.

That's weird ... and stupid. Some minutes ago it was visible.
Try this now: www.rudoka.home.ro
Now it works, If this doesn't works again then forget it.

To Mayor: I checked and doublechecked everything including the cables
what is and what could do an unmountable boot volume?

I ran scandisk, with surface check too, nothing

An unmountable boot volume problem can occur with wrong cable configurations. Do you have a 40 or 80conductor IDE cable?

z_000524wires4080.jpg

You harddrive might also be conflicting with an ATAPI device, but you already tried running without them. Make sure you are putting the HD on the last connector on the cable when using it on its own. Make sure the IDE channel is not forced to a specific transfer mode (choose "Auto"in your BIOS)

Hope this helps :)

TheMajor said:
Also check the HD jumpers and set the IDE channels to Auto-detect in your BIOS.

in the bios absolutely everything is on AUTO
but the problem is that the comp worked with a particular settings for months without problems, then one afternoon when I started it blocked. since then it does. I tried to start the windows in every possoble mode (safe mode, log mode, command prompt) and blocks the same
But only the first minute that I power on the comp. Later goes fine.
When I started in command mode, it writes on the screen what hes loading.
Unfortunately it's too fast for my eyes to see it. But it was the nt kernel files, the usual stuff that he needs. Then when it should put the command prompt ... nothing ... black screen, computer frozen.

it's weird. because the errors in the log are even when the computer starts normally, and when the CD-burner (this is the CDROM1) is out of the comp.

I don't understand this error anyway. The problem is with the driver or the controller?

Could be your graphics card (as mentioned before).
You really should try a diffrent card. You could also try to clear your BIOS or even flash (update) it.

Maybe you should try to flash your graphics' cards BIOS as well.

Anyway, I have 80conductor cable for th HD, and it's alone.
I will try again, to take out the cd drives. Both. cables and everything. I'm not having high hopes, just to make sure.

Rudolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom