Failing to Connect

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everyone!

Recently I set up an "offline" router to manage a Minecraft LAN world between my girlfriend and I. However, my computer is refusing to connect to the network, claiming there is an issue. Every other machine I've connected (to be specific, a laptop and another desktop excluding hers) works fine. It's just my main computer that is an issue. My ever so nice roommate managed to get on that network today, somehow stole my IP address local to the router, and ever since I cannot connect to the router through wireless or a line in. I know this isn't a lot of information, but my gut tells me this is some painfully simple problem to fix. I've renewed my address numerous times, power cycled everything, etc. Any suggestions as to what the problem would be or how to fix it? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Did that, and nothing. I did a factory reset on the router and got my IP back. Not only that, all the problems disappeared. Thanks MGuire, I always appreciate it.

Resetting the router with the button (usually hold in 30 seconds) is a factory default flash. Least it worked though, same concept.

For future reference, you can assign your own IP and whatnot through Windows.

Well I discovered there was more to it than that. "Someone" toggled a bunch of settings in the router and ****ed it up. Nonetheless I will remember that, thanks.

The button is there just for that. Hold it in for the specified amount (whatever the manual says, usually 30 seconds) and the lights will start flashing. Most routers give a pattern and then looks like it's working fine. When you release the button it should be reset.

Back
Top Bottom