Need help.

shadowdragon1985

Solid State Member
I am trying to restore an old gateway that worked before but now has an odd screen during boot up. Any help would be appreciated. The screen pic is attached.

Attachments

• IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Unfortunately this screen is what comes up when booted. Can't get it to go to bios, can't go into safe mode, and can't force it to boot a floppy to try a win 95 restore. So without scrapping things, I am stuck on this. Hope that helps.

Try resetting BIOS.

Unplug your computer, press the power button a few times to clear any stored power in the PSU. Then remove the small silver coin battery for about 30 seconds. Put it back in and try booting up now.

I am trying to restore an old gateway that worked before but now has an odd screen during boot up. Any help would be appreciated. The screen pic is attached.

Backup for a second, you never said what kind of gateway this is. :/
If you can, look at the computers serial number and post it up online for us.
It can be found on the mobo bottom/top sides of it or on the door panel.
Been quite a "LONG" time since I've seen one of those wtf bios screen moments.

Sorry I should not have used the word reset, and should have used the term re-flash.
As some of the dual bios systems will re-flash the primary bios chip, when you use the jumper (some will de this automatically when they detect a failure)
by removing the battery it only resets the settings back to default, as it forgets what changes you have made.
If a bios firmware has become corrupt it may need to be re-flashed (or the chip might need to be replaced)
Removing the battery does not perform that operation.
So the solution I have offered is slightly different one, although I did word it slightly incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom