windows update issue

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
never had an issue with this one before... and I've done windows updates on many computers before.

was installing updates and like it always loves to do, had issues installing some of them. error said to download and install the windows system readiness tool. downloaded and installed it... ran it to install the hotfix for windows 7 64 bit. takes a little while to initialize... then it goes to install hotfix... the status bar for installing the hotfix never moves. If I sit there long enough and wait, it will say that it installed successfully, but it actually doesn't.

notes: i cleaned the registry, ran windows fixit for updater, ran sfc /scannow, also removed all antivirus programs I had installed and turned off firewall.

at a loss as to what to do

ok apparently now the hotfix thing runs fine and says failed... so i went to windows update and tried the updates that were failing... now they installed successfully.

guess it just took a couple restarts and a little bit of a wait or something... idk... all I know is I got it working... thanks anyways though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom