Wich is better? i5 or i7?

Not much when you really get down to it. i3 CPUs are all dual cores thus far. i5 and i7 are quads, with the i7 being the faster speeds and many having hyperthreading.

One way to think of them (using a US car analogy) would be i3 are GM, i5 are Chevy, and i7 are Cadillac.

Just to clarify; all DESKTOP i5 cpu's are quads, but in LAPTOPS they use dual core i5's.
But i7 cpu's are quad all-around.

Not much when you really get down to it. i3 CPUs are all dual cores thus far. i5 and i7 are quads, with the i7 being the faster speeds and many having hyperthreading.

One way to think of them (using a US car analogy) would be i3 are GM, i5 are Chevy, and i7 are Cadillac.

Oh boy, Trotter... No disrespect but Cadillac and Chevy are all built by GM. So your analogy is really off!

I think it might be better to say the i3 is a Mustang, the i5 is a BMW M6, and the i7 is a Veyron. They're all fast but the way they make their power is different. You've got your V8, your twin turbo V8, and a quad turbo W16

Last edited:
Oh boy, Trotter... No disrespect but Cadillac and Chevy are all built by GM. So your analogy is really off!

I think it might be better to say the i3 is a Mustang, the i5 is a BMW M6, and the i7 is a Veyron. They're all fast but the way they make their power is different. You've got your V8, your twin turbo V8, and a quad turbo W16

Um, no... seing as all the i3/5/7 are built by Intel its no different..

the internal features of the 3/5/7 are all different too, not just speed so the GM, Chevy, Caddi is perfect

COSMO. U DON'T KNOW NUTHIN. U JUST A DUM FAIRY.

But really though, GM is the parent company that owns Chevrolet and Cadillac. That comparison is completely irrelevant.

COSMO. U DON'T KNOW NUTHIN. U JUST A DUM FAIRY.

But really though, GM is the parent company that owns Chevrolet and Cadillac. That comparison is completely irrelevant.

Trots comparison was spot on, he knows gm makes all 3 brands

Caddies have features that Chevy don't.
i7's have features i5's don't

Chevies have features gm branded don't
i5's have features i3's don't

GM branded vehicles for the most part are the lower end of GM's line up
i3 are the lower end of intels "i" line up

Chevy's can be really nice and and for the most part GM's mid ranged cars/trucks
i5's are intels mid level core "i"'s

Caddies are GM's high end line of cars/suv's
i7's are intels high end core "i"'s

Edit, btw I has 1 more post than u do! I win !!! (Until u post again lol)

I've been here 5 years longer than you! I win!

Also, the original metaphor was that an i3 processor was GM, i5 was a Chevrolet, and i7 was a Cadillac.

Brutally honest, everything you get in a Cadillac is just gussied up Chevy parts. Same engines, same platforms... The differences between a chevrolet and a cadillac are skin deep.

I think my metaphor works best! 3 different cars, nevermind the manufacturers. They all make different amounts of power using different methods. They're all still "cars" with sporting intentions, but it's pretty clear which is most powerful. (And also which is most expensive)

:)

Also, this argument is dumb and I enjoy it.

I've been here 5 years longer than you! I win!

Also, the original metaphor was that an i3 processor was GM, i5 was a Chevrolet, and i7 was a Cadillac.

Brutally honest, everything you get in a Cadillac is just gussied up Chevy parts. Same engines, same platforms... The differences between a chevrolet and a cadillac are skin deep.

I think my metaphor works best! 3 different cars, nevermind the manufacturers. They all make different amounts of power using different methods. They're all still "cars" with sporting intentions, but it's pretty clear which is most powerful. (And also which is most expensive)

:)

Also, this argument is dumb and I enjoy it.

well as long as you know it :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom