which computer is better

Well folks, I run my OC'd i7m 950 ad 560ti on my corsair 520hx, including an h100

It'll run just fine, and probably load the psu 85%
Good luck with running your PSU on the edge. I don't intend on letting people under power or "barely power" their systems if I can prevent it.
A stock 560ti can take up to 202W itself, and the 950 is a 130w processor stock. When you start overclocking things pull more power than people think.

80-85% is the sweet spot for most psu's, so it'll run just fine for many many years.

I have probably a spare 100W around for psu degradation, and happiness.

I wouldn't personally build a system on a spare 20W over nvidias "specs" but stating it will be under powered is incorrect, it is just not great for future upgrades.

IF it wasn't a quality psu, things would be different for sure, but it is with good Amps.

The whole point of my post was and always is, don't give a noob anything barely over what's required to run the computer. I'm pretty sure my server is running over 80% too and it's completely fine (as was my rig in 07 running SLI 7950GTs on 550w), and I'm more than sure your setup is fine. Thing is, you give new people the room to either OC or upgrade later because if they don't come and ask (us or otherwise) they could pop that unit and could fall back on us. I personally wouldn't care all that much, but I like to say something anyways.

Back
Top Bottom