kids requirements?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i have a 8 year old girl, and an 11 year old boy. they bot want to be on the computer a lot. but that leave me without one for hours and hours at a time. i am sick of it, and i need to buy them a computer for them to play online games with. i am not looking for an expensive gaming computer. they are to young to need anything like that, yet. i do not mind letting them use mine for school projects and such, because that is a 3-4 times a year thig. so i have been looking at flebay for something cheap. there seem to be many of them with the older xp o.s. but every computer i have touched with that o.s. has needed a lot of "tweaking" to keep it up and running right. is that something that happened back then a lot, or does it still hold true today? my computer is a bit dated, it was new when vista first came out. but i am not in a place where i can buy a new new commuter right now to give them this one. and even if i was, i would wait for windows 8 to come out. so what do you think, would an older xp machine be ok for them for now? or should i hold out for something newer?

If it's for online games then an old XP machine probably won't have the graphics capability for most current online games. You'll want something at least from Vista era (not that that guarantees you it will play them).

What games exactly do your kids play?

my son plays wizards 101, toontown, hanger, sniper dude, and monster-truck mania. my daughter plays barbie.com and a couple of games at disney.com. i have a bunch of computer games that were made for xp. and would not play on vista, at least when it first came out. and i have not messed with them since. i was thinking he might enjoy some of those., well, i KNOW some of them he will.

Back
Top Bottom