No Po, No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chub

Baseband Member
Small Problem, I've used old parts to build a computer. It will not post, the cpu fan won't even spin. The psu is new, the ram is fine, i've used it in my personal computer with no problems, hd, cd, everything is good, i've narrowed it down to 2 things, mobo, and cpu. The cpu is an 800mhz amd duron, the motherboard a pcchips. The motherboard is less than a year old, so i thought that wouldn't be the problem, but with no post, and no power to even the cpu fan, I came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard. Any opinions b4 i tell these ppl they need a new mobo? Any suggestions will help. Oh, and on a second note, it is not the assembly of the system, i know that for sure.

Try a different mobo. If the CPU is new, the chances of it being DOA are slim. If it's just those two components, try replacing them.

well, if you've reseated everything already then check to see if the MBD is grounding out to the case. Try running with the MBD outside the case on a static free surface. If it runs with minimal components (HDD, vid, mem and processor) then its probably touching the case somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom