Hardware power-up issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chunk this thing out the window

Ok, what do yÂ’all think of this? I have the new MB mounted w/the processor, power supply, ram, and power button. The unit still powers down after two seconds, but when I remove the processor and power it on (may not be smart) the unit does not power off and the fans remain on. If I place one of my three processors in the BM it shuts down after two seconds. IÂ’m now performing this test from a different room w/a known good outlet. Both power supply units (set correctly) give the same result. Any ideas?

jaksback said:
your ram is fried since it powers up then shuts down. get new ram, also every other add-in compnoent may be fried i.e. vid card, sound card, cd roms, floppy, monitor, modems, etc

What if I remove the ram and fire it up for a test? I did that w/no change.

have you tried what I suggested and run with the MBD, HDD, CPU, mem and vid card OUT SIDE of the case?

It all works now. I finally got the right combo of replacment parts and fully seated the heatsink fan to the CPU and got the board to power-up. After installing the MB and a few more cards the system wouldn't post of give video. After installing new RAM and Vid card - it still did work. Found that the network card that shipped w/the MB was this cause of that issue. Old network card installed and the PC is now happy. Never have I had such a combo of faulty parts to absolutely kick my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom