Gateway MX3215 Overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubFusion

In Runtime
As the title states, i have a Gateway MX3215 (w323-ui1). I was looking at upgrading with some simple drop in solutions. Ive already begun my upgrade with a fresh install of Windows 7 (32bit). Next is the proc and ram upgrade. Ive checked out the core 2 duo line thats available for Socket M, and being somewhat limited ive settled on the T7200 or the T7400. Now the T7400 is about 50-70$ more but from what ive researched it might be worth the extra cash. As far as the ram goes, for 35$ i can get a 2gb Kingston HyperX. Basically im looking to stay under 200$ for the upgrade. So my main question is should i bother with the 200$ upgrade, or save that and put it toward something more modern?

Things to consider:

I would primarily like to be able to play WoW, most likely on the lowest settings. Also some of the usual Word processing, youtube, internet browsing (just smoother).

Thanks for your input!

I looked around and found a mobo for the MX3215 and it only has 1 memory slot with a 1GB limit. It also says it only supports Celeron and Pentium processors so I'm thinking a Core 2 Duo is a no go. Just because it physically fits doesn't mean the Bios will recognize or support it. I looked at Gateway and they don't have a bios update so I wouldn't count on it working.

+1 to Slaymate

Took a look around and came to the same conclusion of 1GB ram, Pentium and Celeron support only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom