Black Screen Freezing. Hard Reset required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstalled it when it was happening her and there. It mostly just did it for a very few problems so I reinstalled thinking it would fix it, unfortunately it did nothing to fix it. As time when on the problem got worse, it freezes when I click on my MSN Messenger or when I receive a message, but for reason that one shuts off my monitor, which wasn't the case before it usually just makes the screen go black (but not turn off). Now it is happening with the newest Firefox browser (version 4.0). It happens when I hit the back button or when it's loading a page.

There is always a thing the makes it go black. In games when a sound or a animation starts, or gun fire. In MSN its when it JUST logs into my account name, or when I click on it to bring it up. Firefox happens when I click back or when I hit enter to go to a site. They happen when a action or a sound goes off. What I want to do is make a video of it with my camcorder upload it on Youtube or something and let you guys see it first hand. If you don't mind that. That problem is getting very annoying and weird.

I also ran two programs AVG Anti-Virus, and TuneUp Utilites, and did every little optimization or thorough scan to find what was wrong. Corrected everything I could. Even updated all my drivers. Even cleaned out the computer of dust. I'd rather fix it myself but if all else fails I will have to take it in, and that is very costly for me.

Alright. Did the memtest. Let it go all night. 6 passes. Then I let it go the next night. Another 6 passes. So maybe we can rule out memory. I was messing around the other day with my HDMI and my mini LCDTV. My friend wanted to watch Farscape in the mean time I'd played a game (Sins of a Solar Empire) on my computer. So I did extended screen so it stretches on my LCD so she can watch that while I play the game on my laptop screen.

Now when I play the game alone, the laptop never crashes. When I watch the show by itself, it never crashes. But if I had both going at the same time it would black screen me after about 25 - 40 mins. The LCD would say it didn't have a connection, while my monitor would go back (but still on, like previously stated. Luminated black screen). Like always when it hits this point the sound stutters and lags kind of stretched out and there is no way to get out of this state without a hard reboot.

I'm about to just cave in and take it to a shop, because it's more prominent then ever before. I can barely do anything. Play very few games (like 2, I've tested my other 30 or so games), and watch my shows is about all I can do. I want a Asus G73 laptop, but alas it's expensive (actually pretty cheap with all it has) money wise. So I'm going to try to make this one last as long as I possibly can. Another thing, is it possible to get a better CPU for a laptop or they pretty restrictive on that too?

Well the guys at the computer repair place couldn't tell me what was wrong (even though they charged me for something they couldn't fix). I pretty much gave up, I bought a new computer. I'm sure it's the motherboard, and I don't feel like hocking up $300 for a old out of date computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom