Thoughts on Gateway FX Gaming Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the replies guys. I will probably just keep the laptop for several years and re-evaluate after that if it starts to struggle with games. Being a class 1 GPU, it should be adequate for quite some time, even if it's not on high detail.

I am not pushed away by re-certified laptops. It could have just been a return because somebody did not like it. Also, maybe it wasn't fast enough for what they needed it for. Another possibility is that it was defective. Even if that was the case, they can't sell it without fixing the problem.

I ended up buying the laptop for $650. The CPU is good enough and the GTX 260M outperforms the GTS 360M. For the price, I couldn't resist. Even my current CPU (Dual Core T4400) scores a 5.5 in Windows.

Thanks for the recommendations...if money was no issue, I would buy the top of the line ASUS G Series laptop :)

most refurbished/ re-certified products actually have a higher standard for quality, and reliability then products coming off the shelf new. with refurbs they test the product much more extensively to make sure the repair is working and working good. you actually get less lemons in refurb then when you buy new...

Just reporting back about the new laptop. I am very happy with it. It runs starcraft 2 at 1366x768 resolution on medium details with very good FPS. It runs fine on high too, but I prefer better performance over the slight difference in looks between medium and high.

For $650, I could not ask for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom