CD/DVD drive removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim2010

Baseband Member
Hey everyone/anyone. I have a Dell Studio 1536 with a dvd drive that needs replacing. I have replaced one in an older dell, but am unsure of the best way to remove one from the one I'm using now.

The older version had the tray type drive, while this one is a slim line/slot type(trap door style, insert in slot). I've been inside the laptop but get weary on what to remove without screwin somethin else up.

The problem I have is trying to eject the dics. Once I press eject it seems as though the ejection rm is broke. Funny I tip the computer to the right side when ejecting and the disk comes out. I need to replace the drive due to a crash being caused when the unit won't eject.

Any help directing me either verbally or with a good link to a video explaining would be great. THanks.

I am unsure on that. There should be a switch you have to turn to get it out. Otherwise, it might just take a tug to pull off.

As to the door not opening, try using a straightened-out paper clip, insert it in the very small hole, on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom