i3 550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of Windows? (Vista, 7 etc?) Also by MB do you mean RAM/memory?

Anywhoo, if it's a 64-bit OS I'd probably say 4 GB of RAM.

Sorry everyone I guess I should've specified. Yeah I'm asking about motherboards. I've built a system with the gigabyte ga-h55-usb3, and it has been a complete and utter nightmare.

If you want to take a crack at troubleshooting you can read my system info and things I've tried on this thread:

Installation: automatically reboots; clean install

What I'm asking here is if anybody has had a positive experience with the i3 550 and windows 7 64 bit, and more specifically what motherboard they were using when they did, because after all I've been through with two of the above model motherboard, I think I'm in the market for a new one.

Oh yeah specifically with H55/57 chipset so I can utilize on board graphics.

Sorry everyone I guess I should've specified. Yeah I'm asking about motherboards. I've built a system with the gigabyte ga-h55-usb3, and it has been a complete and utter nightmare.

If you want to take a crack at troubleshooting you can read my system info and things I've tried on this thread:

Installation: automatically reboots; clean install

What I'm asking here is if anybody has had a positive experience with the i3 550 and windows 7 64 bit, and more specifically what motherboard they were using when they did, because after all I've been through with two of the above model motherboard, I think I'm in the market for a new one.

Oh yeah specifically with H55/57 chipset so I can utilize on board graphics.
Sorry to hear about those problems. It's odd since I have an i5 750 with a Gigabyte board (GA-P55M-UD2) and it works okay. Also some of my friends have the i3 530 with the Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H (and Windows 7 64-bit) which works fine. Not sure what to suggest other than look at Asus instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom