Building a new comp (first time) 600 - 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taijis

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I just joined these because I'm looking for some veteran information about building a computer.

I've been thinking about building a computer for a couple years now and have done some simple research on the internet and friends, but I'm really looking for some good info about building this computer. I want to have this computer for years to come.

This computer is for gaming, school and just regular websurfing. So basically are there any tips would you guys recommend me for building this comp.

What kind of processor do you think I should use Intel or AMD?

Thank you

$600-$800 is a decent budget for a starter. What do you currently have that you will be using (monitor, keyboard, mouse, optical drive from another computer, etc)?

With that budget you would do best going with AMD as you will get more bang for your buck.

Well I've been using a laptop for about a year and half since my old computer died, but I basically only have a good monitor ( LED flat ), keyboard and mouse. I have an old CD/DVD drive but I don't think I will be using it because I believe it is extremely outdated. I really am trying to build a solid brand new computer. I mean from what I've heard and read I think I can get a computer with my budget that will handle SC2 graphics at the highest setting easily, and probably future games also. Also does anyone know what the main difference of AMD and Intel is?

What's the price difference between a 5770 and a GTX 460 1GB over there in the US? I hear it's much better than a 5770. But I'm not sure.

Trotter thanks alot! I appreciate that you took the time to make a build. It's lookin pretty beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom