Installed new fans, case running hotter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top fan (the 200mm) is blowing out, as is the default with the case, front three fans blowing in, rear 2 fans blowing out, side fan blowing out, and internal fan mounted on the backside of the harddrive cage blowing in. Minor dust on the Graphics card fan that I cleaned off easily. (fan on that facing down, as that's the only way you can put the card in). CPU fan located in the rear and running normal as there really is only one way to put it on... (using the fan that came with the processor)

Took out the extra harddrive and the temp on the card seems to be staying at an idle temp of 40 C..... only rising to 43 when I start up a game. (Speedfan is showing my CPU jumping to 256C and staying there, but I think that's a false reading, my computer would have shut down).

I honestly did not think a single component would pull my heat up 18 degrees Celcius...am I missing something here or is that normal? If so, I'd hate to see what I'd be running at with the drive bays maxed (3 cages that fit 3 drives each)

EDIT:
Scratch that, the temp is back up after running for about 20 minutes. Not as bad as before, but 50 idle is makin' me a little wierded out. Temp wasn't this high until I installed the new fans.... The side fan is supposed to blow out yes? Not in?

Wow a 256C jump eh? ;)

Honestly I think the side fan should be in, to fed the gpu and psu fresh air.

What you have right now is half the front fans air being sucked out by it, starving the psu and gpu abit.
Knowing now your side sucks, that be your most likely culprit.

Edit

Haha was typing as you did

Knowing now your side sucks, that be your most likely culprit.
lol at the pun.

Ah! Thank you. I flipped the fan around so it's blowing in and that seemed to clear up my problem. Temps are down to 38 now, (huzzah!) which is the lowest my GPU has been at yet. The core dropped in temp too (down to 29). And this is with all the fans running on low. I'm sure it would drop more if I turned them up, but I don't like the noise, and everything is at a nice temp anyways.

Thank you very much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom