newegg question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesnt Newegg have a computer with a 5970 in it?

because newegg generally sells parts and not many whole computers completely built. the ones they sell built are usually from ibuypower/digitalstorm and places like that which you can make for cheaper

meh, after i built my computer i found basically the same exact computer for $200 cheaper, i bet if cyperpowerpc or ibuypower could build a computer with a 5970 in it for like $1599

i suppose, but the mother board doesnt really effect processing power does it? and even slow DDR3 ram is still pretty good, isn't it?

they could probably built a computer with an i7, 5970, 8gigs DDR3 ram and a 1TB HDD for under $2000 easyyyy?

i suppose, but the mother board doesnt really effect processing power does it? and even slow DDR3 ram is still pretty good, isn't it?

they could probably built a computer with an i7, 5970, 8gigs DDR3 ram and a 1TB HDD for under $2000 easyyyy?

I ****ty motherboard could cause you issues down the line make sure you at least good quality. Some of the cheap ones are very well made.

if you are going pre built i think Digital Storm has the best quality pre built systems, but a little more expensive. Ive seen systems from all the companies multiple times.

Gaming computers, custom gaming computers, gaming pc, custom gaming pc

I would recomend building it yourself. If you do go pre built then at least look up the parts you are putting in it before you purchase.

A "Good" motherboard can make a Tremendous difference in your Processing Power. But you have to be Super Cool to know all the tricks :D

Slow memory is still pretty good at being slow, you mentioned 8GB of memory. The i7 920 has a Triple Channel Memory Controller so you always want to buy kit's of 3 or 6, as in, (3x1GB), (3x2GB), (3x4GB), (6x1GB), (6x2GB), (6x4GB).

Anything they can build you can build cheaper. It's really not that hard.

After using OEM PC's for years (my current desktop is an HP from 8 years ago, I know it's pathetic, I just ordered my new Newegg order yesterday), I can tell you just how important a motherboard is. It really comes down to the BIOS, cheap motherboard BIOS'es lack useful options and configuration settings. OEM builds like hp, Dell, etc use cheap off-brand boards that only let you view system info and set boot order. Nice expensive motherboards will often have BIOS settings for CPU and bus speeds, overclocking, voltage tweaks, RAM settings, video configuration, SATA/RAID controller modes, enabling/disabling onboard devices, and sometimes even more. Also you want a well built board with high quality components. Cheaper boards will often use cheap parts. It isn't as bad now but several years ago some manufacturers were buying cheap capacitors for motherboards and power supplies. These capacitors were made by no-name ripoff companies who used an incomplete electrolyte formula that failed under stress, leaving many motherboards with leaking, bulging, or exploded capacitors. I had this happen on a board from a 1998 Compaq computer, the whole top of the capacitor pushed off of the base and it wouldn't turn on.

huh, very interesting, i had no idea Motherboards made such a big deal, i thought it was just something u plug things into... haha. very cool, thanks for the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom