Nvidia Shows GeForce GTX 480 ''Hair'' Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather a game developer trade the amount of effort needed to program the hair, make the renderrings, etc. and actually add more content in the game, fix some bugs, or make a better story, or *gasp* come up with a more unique idea.

I'd rather a game developer trade the amount of effort needed to program the hair, make the renderrings, etc. and actually add more content in the game, fix some bugs, or make a better story, or *gasp* come up with a more unique idea.

Just like how rock music is dying, so is creative gaming. Ever since HALO came out games have become crappier and crappier and crappier. HALO is pretty much like top 40 music; it has no real amazing technical sides to it, but it appeals to the masses. Game developers are going to continue to feed morons deeply gorgeous gfx with minimal gameplay elements as long as it makes the books!

I personally think metroid prime series on the cube and wii were some of the most artistic games with phenomenal gameplay, but most folks i know that love Xbox proclaim, "OH MY GOD IT LOOKS TERRIBLE!" just because you don't have phenomenal HD bloom effects and super high res textures....

Anywho, that's mad off topic, but I wouldn't count on any originality coming to games, in fact, I would say quite the opposite: expect it to go down. I think GTA III and beyond is one of the few examples where huge content has come to play, but the creativity of the revived GTA series is even dying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom