New pc build need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
im looking to build a new pc and i just need a little help picking out some of the parts. heres what i have so far

Motherboard -

Processor - Micro Center - Core i3 530 Processor Boxed

RAM - Micro Center - XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) CL9 Memory Kit (Two 2GB Memory Modules)

Video Card -

Hard Drive - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD Burner - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Power Supply -

Case - Micro Center - Three Hundred ATX Case

you can already see what i need help finding. i would like to keep it relatively cheap but still good.

for the mobo i would like 4 RAM slots but its not essential what is essential is it having on board graphics that can play games and movies in HD until i can get a video card and having an HDMI port would be nice.

For the video card i need hdmi port also and obviously be able to play modern games (MW2 borderlands etc.) in mid to high detail preferably high and watch movies in HD.

I know **** near nothing about PSU's so pretty much anything that will work well.

If anyone sees something that i have already picked out that wont work please point it out or suggest something else. or if im being a complete idiot about what i want please tell me.

and finally i have 22" tv/monitor that i use i plan on getting at least 2 more (maybe maybe not different sizes) so i can surf the internet play my xbox and play pc games at the same time. and ill be using this pc to game (obviously) downlaod and watch movies and use it for my music.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: i was looking at this mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131623
and at these graphics cards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102855 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287

Ok um..I used to have this motherboard and I really liked it.

Intel DP55WB Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, micro ATX, 8 Channel Audio at TigerDirect.com

and when I cought a really bad virus I got a new comp and I bought this motherboard which has HDMI and 4 slots for ram. Its really great except mine broke because my comp fell and water got inside it..so now I need a new comp and I also have no internet at my house..so right now everything sucks haha!.. Intel DG45ID Motherboard - Intel G45 Express, Socket 775, DDR2 800/667 MHz, 7.1 Audio, PCI Express 2.0 x16, HDMI, DVI, S/PDIF, SATA RAID, eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire, Gigabit LAN at TigerDirect.com

ok now for the video card I had the Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 and it was amazing. It has a HDMI port on it, and it offers full 1080p. Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, HDMI, HDTV, SLI Ready at TigerDirect.com

but if you are short on cash or anything go with the sparkle GeForce GT 220 it also has a HDMI slot on it, Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, HDMI, HDTV, SLI Ready at TigerDirect.com

:D

Ok um..I used to have this motherboard and I really liked it.

Intel DP55WB Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, micro ATX, 8 Channel Audio at TigerDirect.com

and when I cought a really bad virus I got a new comp and I bought this motherboard which has HDMI and 4 slots for ram. Its really great except mine broke because my comp fell and water got inside it..so now I need a new comp and I also have no internet at my house..so right now everything sucks haha!.. Intel DG45ID Motherboard - Intel G45 Express, Socket 775, DDR2 800/667 MHz, 7.1 Audio, PCI Express 2.0 x16, HDMI, DVI, S/PDIF, SATA RAID, eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire, Gigabit LAN at TigerDirect.com

ok now for the video card I had the Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 and it was amazing. It has a HDMI port on it, and it offers full 1080p. Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, HDMI, HDTV, SLI Ready at TigerDirect.com

but if you are short on cash or anything go with the sparkle GeForce GT 220 it also has a HDMI slot on it, Galaxy GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, HDMI, HDTV, SLI Ready at TigerDirect.com

:D

alright well thats good and idk if you know this or not but both the video card links are the same.

And the second mobo you posted doesnt work with my i3 build.

but thanks for the post

alright thats what i was leaning towards i just wanted to back up my beliefs.

and is a 650-750 watt PSU that necessary? i dont have a ton of money and they dont run cheap.

alright thats what i was leaning towards i just wanted to back up my beliefs.

and is a 650-750 watt PSU that necessary? i dont have a ton of money and they dont run cheap.
Well it's not totally necessary, you can still run your games. Just maybe not full-max graphics. Stick around though for more opinions, saw someone posted that their 300w-400w works perfect.

alright ill do that thanks for the help :) im very close to being completely dont with the parts and cant wait to start building :)

I would get something better than a 4670, and even then a 400w PSU could handle that card just fine. What's your budget for a graphics card?

under 100 unless i get a job sometime soon or find a wallet full of cash lol but i would like to keep it around a 4670 maybe a little more. if you can find a good one im all ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom