q6600 asus p5q se plus first oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem. it doesn't really matter anyways. thanks for all your help.

Now about getting my RAM to 1066, this is affected by the multiplier/multiplier ratio correct? The ratio is another item I cannot find in the bios. Can this be changed? Or should I step my multiplier back to 8 like you?

Thanks

my cores also have 5C difference, I am guessing it's because the cores have different TJMax value

remember, these q6600s are just a cpu with 2 dual core sandwiched together

or maybe the heatsink (on the cpu) surface is un-even, I don't know... haven't got around to lapping it down

can't remember my temps, and don't want to waste time to perform a prime run :silly: sorry

Mines lapped as perfect as I could do it and I paid extra attention when mounting my water block because the difference between all my cores was really starting to tick me off and I still get as much as 8C's difference under load. So my opinion is that you shouldn't worry about it too much. That is also usually the advice I got when I talked to other people.

And a VERY interesting article about temps on Intel CPU's. The whole "keep it under 70" is really just a "safety zone".
The Truth about Temperatures and Voltages - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Now about getting my RAM to 1066, this is affected by the multiplier/multiplier ratio correct? The ratio is another item I cannot find in the bios. Can this be changed? Or should I step my multiplier back to 8 like you?

Thanks

refer back to my first post with the pictures

see DRAM Frequency?
press enter while you have DRAM Frequency highlighted

should have options with different values pop up

these values are directly related to your FSB frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom