New offer for Tech II job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I would do it, and with tech jobs seeing a lot of competition, it will most definitely be a good thing to add experience such as this opportunity to your resume' .

If they offer you the job, I say take it and don't look back. It seems like you're really underpaid now as it is so I don't see any reason not to take a better position with double the pay.

Go to your current employer. tell them, "I have been offered such-and-such position (do not state where) for X amount of money. From where I currently am standing, this looks to be in my best interest." Give them a chance and see if they are willing to cough up some dough to at least get closer to the pay offered by the other job. If not, no sweat and thank them for the opportunity they have given you thus far and turn in your notice. If they pull something out of their backside, consider it in light of moving away from the rest of your family.

Either way you have let your current employer know what's going on and given them the option to match it. You will also have the opportunity to work out a notice which means you haven't burned a bridge behind you.

Is this full time? And if so what area do you live?

$7 an hour is really low for an IT position, even entry level at 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom