Do I need a Thermal Pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goto a auto shop for the higher grit sand paper, its not that expensive and is well worth a good lap job. :p

Really want to finish with at least 2k Grit..

Believe me, if I had the $3 to spend then I would, but being as I just dropped $2500 on a lawyer (and thats just the retainer... might go higher being as its a custody case) and I still have bills to pay... I need to save every penny I have. I can't even spare the couple of cents worth of gasoline to drive to the body shop.

Also, the case i'm transplanting the components into will have better ventilation, I will be adding a fan or 2, and will be using aftermarket (tx-2) thermal paste. And I won't be overclocking or anything like that. The computer will only be used for normal internet use, and word processing, so the processor will probably never be at full load. I'm not too worried about the 2k grit paper for it.

When I finally pay off my debts, this court BS is settled and I get to building my main rig, I will go up to 2k grit paper. but its just not in the cards right now. thanks for the advice though, it is duely noted and appreciated :)

Just goto a auto shop for the higher grit sand paper, its not that expensive and is well worth a good lap job. :p

Really want to finish with at least 2k Grit..

IMO 1500 is plenty enough to finish. Just make sure you use the right type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom