Network Security???

Status
Not open for further replies.

droolander

Beta member
Alright, I looked up into Computer Network Tech, and figured out that you could just study a book and pass it and be certified. I woudln't mind getting into that, but I would like to know more informatin about Network Security. How is the job like on that. What do you do EXACTLY? Is it hard to get a job as well? Is there a book that you could buy and study and take test and be certified like Computer Networking? Or you would actually have to go to school for it and get an associates. ANY information would be helpful! thanks!!!

You need to try and get a degree if possible, that will be way more helpful in job hunting than a certification.

Yes it is difficult to get a network security job because:
A)even large companies only need one or two
B)smaller companies usually will just have their network admin be in charge of this
C)they usually will only give these jobs to people with a lot experience in the field because there is a ton riding on that position - an entire companies data safety is in the hands of one person, maybe two. So those jobs are extremely hard to come by.

If this is something that you were wanting to do I would definatley try to get a networking degree at a 4 year university. If that isn't a possiblity try to get your security+, network+ and possibly a Cisco certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom