Firewire Connection Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

icekohl815

Beta member
Well, I have 2 brand new firewire pci cards, and a new audio interface. My main problem is that my computer will not recognize my interface. I put in the pci cards and installed them and their drivers and they are all working properly. i thought then that my interface was the problem, but i tested it on another computer and it detected the hardware so i was able to install it. That eliminates the interface, the firewire cord, pci cards, and my motherboard. it cannot be the hardware. normally when i plug a new device into the computer (PC), then in the bottom right hand corner a little message box shows up saying "Hey, i know you just plugged something in!" that does not happen on my computer. the interface is not showing up in my device manager and i do not know what to do. My copy of XP is completely updated and i tried a reload of windows and different pci cards. i've come to a brick wall and i need some expertise on the subject now. give me any possible thing that could be going wrong.

i tried a reload of windows and different pci cards.
If all your PCI cards are doing the same thing
Plus you have tried Re-installing Windows clean

Then the only other option is either:
  • Faulty Bios
    Please reset your Bios settings to defaults, by pressing the displayed key at system startup (usually DEL or F2 or F10, or some other key that is displayed, when you first turn on the computer

Locate Bios Setup Defaults > Apply it > Save and Exit Bios Setup screen
  • Or, your Hardware (motherboard) is faulty
    In this case you have no other alternative than to replace under warranty (if exists)
    Or replace the Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom