Getting the most out of my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately going to need that new cooler - but it'll have to wait til my own debit card comes in.. (7-14 days... so.. um.. next year? Lol.)

Did some got it to...like 3.2 or so temps get a little hot during games though.

Did you use the settings I gave you? Those are for a 3.2Ghz OC. Did it work/not-work? What temps did you get with those settings? If they were too high you can drop the vcore a little more.

Yes I did, and it's.... I think it's 50s right now after being in a game. I dunno what it idle's at yet.

Just run LinX (20 times, 9xxMb usage) and post back your load temps.
If your idle temps are somewhere around the mid 40's, and your load temps don't go over 86C then you've got no probs at all.

Problem is - even with this new OC - it feels the same.

Still stuttering.

I am starting to think it's my Harddrive since even the windows rating says it's the downside of this PC, with the windows rating system thingy...

Proccessor : calculations per second : 7.4
Memory (RAM) : Memory calc/second : 7.4
Graphics: Desktop perf for windows aero 6.9
Gaming Graphics: 3d business and gaming: 6.9
Primary Hard Disk: Disk transfer Rate: 5.9

5.9 for a 1TB @ 7200 RPM Sata 3.0Gb/s drive..... wonder if I could improve my performance by adding another drive... or another 1TB in Raid... or something....

First Idea was to add a 80gb just for OS and main drivers and use the 1TB for games and all that....
Second would be to just get another 1TB and RAID them together...
Third.. is both.

Okay, as you have an i7, It'll definately not be a cpu issue.. Overclocking won't help.

This thread sorta wandered from bad gaming to overclocking.

You have not answered the one important question.... what is the gpu temp..... and it doesn't matter your in a haf.

If thre gpu is heating up, you'll get stuttering.

Have you run a 3d vantage? Great way of seeing if its a gpu or cpu issue.

GPU is 59C Idle and....lemme load maxes.....

73 was highest it reached while running vantage....

Ran it again setting the Fan Speed to 100% (which turns into a whopping 4,800 RPM)

Setting the fan NOISE to that high allowed the GPU to stay in the 43C range running vantage...

Maybe I should increase the fan speeds of my Case a little and the GPU a little... and maybe it'll compensate?

Oh.. should I have payed attention to the tests? Lolz... Guess I'll have to reinstall and run in again. I only have the trial though so I am not sure what 3 your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom