Win XP setup errors I'm getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm maybe try a different cable on that drive, or a different drive on that cable.

For simplicities sake, lets call your hdd that doesn't show up in xp setup HDD0 and any other hdd in your system will be referred to as HDD1

If you try HDD1 on HDD0's cable, and it doesn't show up, then the problem is the cable. If you try HDD1 on that cable and it DOES show up, then the problem is the hard drive.

If you try a different cable on HDD0 and it works, it was the cable, if not, then HDD0 is failed.

I just looked on bios again and I came across this under cmos setup utility

HD boot priority

1. SCSI-0 : 04:30-0 WD 740GD-00 HD HDD0 like you requested
2. CH2 S S_ATA
3. CH3 M S_ATA
4. CH3 S S_ATA

So does boot set as SCSI does this change anything we discussed above or does it matter?

I guess why they set it up to sata hd as SCSI was the 10,000 rpm. I tried defaults reset nothing.

Channel 0 NONE do auto detect nothing.

Enter SCSI hit F4 or <CTRL +S> nothing happens
SCSI-0 WD 74 GB

I'm not sure what good a new HD would even help.

I unhooked HDD0 put my other HD on same cord etc it shows it at bootup. If I let it load I get no system disk

When I put Windows XP in and it starts til you get to enter setup and this blue screen appears.

A problem has been detected and windows has shutdown to prevent damage to computer.

Check for virsuses on your computer. Remove HD's or HD controller. Check HD to make sure its properly configured and terminated. Run chkdsk /F for HD corruption.

Tech Information

Stop: OX0000007B, (0XF78D524), 0XC0000034. 0X00000000, 0X00000000

I have read this whole thread and it isn't making seance. It sounds like you are trying to do a repair install when you want to do a fresh install. Please clear something up for me. After you boot from the CD are you clicking esc to install a fresh copy? Then can you see your c: drive? If you can then you should delete the partition and then select that partition and let windows install to the new space. If you can't see the drive you will have to use a sata driver disc or slipstream the sata drivers into your CD.

did that bluescreen occur when trying to install on the origional hdd, or the hdd you put in to test the sata controller?

I'm not worried about stuff on the drive. I have tried parted magic 4.4 and I it see's all my drives. When I tested my boot drive it reboots at 70 or 80% of the test happened twice.

guys, could this mean anything?

If you can't see the drive you will have to use a sata driver disc of slipstream the sata drivers into your CD.

i second that...

I tried using the full version of XP Pro that I originally loaded on this rig.
Yes I have been only doing quick format

I have 4 sata 1 HD's

HDD0 Boot 74 gig rapter
HDD1 Rem 250 gig HD
(Hooked this into same sata cord as the rapter was hooked on same issue live CD does not see it)(I'll try full format and see what happens)
HDD2 Rem 250 gig HD
HDD2 Rem 250 gig HD

All these HD's are not partitioned anymore. I'm using Live CD so my computer will boot. When I get to Live CD windows screen it only shows REM HD's not 74 gig rapter)

I want to be sure when you partition HD's NTFS

1. I know Boot is Primary but, should it be set active?
2. On 3 storage drives do you format them Logical or extended partition. Do you put them active or not?

I ordered a new Rapter HD just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom