Help me with this Hardware/software issues Please (its a long post, sorry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I see.

Yeah dell cases are all messed up. Getting off both sides is almost impossible. Its like a big puzzle so people will just give up (like I nearly did) and go buy dell parts. As for the dell I upgraded. It is not a dell anymore. I am actually on it right now. It had a lot of stability problems at first but thats because some of the dell OEM features were still hanging around somehow. I got rid of em but damn it took me like 25+ hours in time upgrading and troubleshooting. AND most of the programs did not make it (but the important ones did... for the most part.)

Next step will be setting up ICS via a serial cable between two computers (XP and this one). I am pretty sure its possible if I install the right networkin g protocals(this time I am doing better homework). Got any pointers?

Also at my job we have like ALL dells and lemme tell you some of the cases for the newer ones are even more crazy to remove stuff from. Like no screws on some with big ass green things everywhere. I swear its like a jungle. LOL 47 posts and I have been on this thing for 2 days.

yeah man I've only been here since august and look at my posts :D My friend ripped the back off of his stepdads dell, it was riveted in and his stepdad keeps talking about it 'yeah I know how to get it off' but he hasnt seen the back since we hacked at it :p so that'll be fun, but yeah networking is something I'm definitely not good at. I got no pointers there. But yeah that 25+ hours musta been hell. I've been there with a graphics card and my old ASUS mobo.....ehhh bad memories

Lol a while ago when I was first getting into PCs I was stuck in DOS for like a year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom