Follow up--more problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spackler

Solid State Member
I bought a whole bunch of new stuff for my pc...motherboard, power supply, cpu cooler, etc. Got it working just fine and then it blew up last Friday. The power supply was burning up. Smelled bad and all.

Is there a way I can test the motherboard so I know it's ok still? I wonder if the power supply may have fried it. Or do I need to wait for the replacement power supply to get here? (2 weeks to get a replacement!! from newpowersupply.com...that's ridiculous)

If you had another power supply available you could try that. If not you need to wait for the replacement.

Just out of curiosity, what was the make and model of the psu that fried on you?

Bestec atx something...I already sent it back.

Can't believe I have to wait so long for this.

well, bestec i a no name PSU so it's not suprising it blew up.

and you can always look over the mobo very carefully to see if there are any burn marks and you can smell it to see if it smells like smoke.

If I were you, I would ask for a refund, or sell the Bestec, and buy a reputable power supply. This way you won't always be wondering, 'Will I be able to use it today, or will it catch my house on fire?' Should save you money in the long run too.

Just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom