My Intro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitaristzm

Beta member
Hey guys! My name is Zack, I'm a Geek Squad agent at the Best Buy in Brentwood (Saint Louis), Missouri. Aside from the silly job there, I've been playing around with computers for almost 14 years, starting on a crappy IBM with only DOS on it.

Currently, I'm a student at Webster University in Saint Louis, pursuing a degree in Computer Science (emphasis in Information Management). Hopefully I can do something with that... haha...

My current setup:

Custom built laptop -
.15.4" WSXGA display
.NVIDIA 8600GT 512MB Graphics
.Intel T9300 Processor (2.5GHz Dual Core)
.4GB DDR2 Memory (Corsair)
.320GB Hard Drive (7200 rpm)
.Operating System - Windows 7 x64, Build 7100 (Release Candidate)
.Guest Operating Systems (Virtual Machine, Sun Microsystem's VirtualBox) - Windows XP Professional (x86, Service Pack 3), Linux openSUSE (x64)
.UPEK Fingerprint Security
.Gigabit Ethernet Card, Draft-N Wireless
.4 USB Ports, 1 Firewire, 1 S-Video, 1 VGA

Extras -
.Logitech G5 Mouse
.Logitech x540 Surround System
-Netgear Wireless-N Router (WPA2 128-Bit Encryption)

Still kind of building what I have right now. I'm happy with my current setup. The biggest thing with me is... I love all technology. I'm working on learning Linux... my only experience with Unix foundation is Mac OS and playing around on a Unix server used for hosting MUDs, which I used to work a lot with. I can program C, and I've dabbled in C++. I'm fluent in HTML and some Java. I am still learning, though... and I'm always excited to learn new stuff!

I've been playing guitar for 8 years, it's my biggest passion. If you want to learn more about my music life, just ask.

Well.. just saying hi. Sorry for the novel. Hope to get to know all of you!

Wow, you built your own laptop? Where did you get the screen from?

Welcome to the forums ;)

bpbganp4qa.gif

welcome to the forum.
Wow, you built your own laptop? Where did you get the screen from?

he most likely just went threw a company that allows you to pick some of the components. But who knows lol.

Sorry for the late reply, been working a lot lately! Yes, I went through ibuypower for the basics - I would love to build one completely from scratch though. I just had them throw in some cheap memory and a 200gb hard drive, but put a really good processor and board in. Then I used my Best Buy discount for the memory and bigger hard drive! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom