Laptop Overheating causes slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the laptop im on right now gets scalding hot, i see blue screens from time to time and it chops up my gameplay to the point where the game just freezes (by game im talking about maplestory...im not running a very demanding game on this pile of junk).

off the topic of heat if cooling doesnt work for you, i have a desktop system that has similar issues as you describe, the heat may just be normal for the machine if the compound used for the heatsink is old.

I found my system to blue screen, stutter and crash unless i reset my priorities,

i know what caused this on my system, not only does your processor and gfx chips get hot but heat has a major effect on your memory banks too and if like my laptop yours are next to the cpu it could be that.

I changed my speed setting on my pc as i have a clockable board and downclocked my memory speeds to 333mhz from 400mhz that fixed my problems ! if your lucky enough to be able to try this it may fix your issues

You have to consider the fact that when you are laying in bed the laptop in on the covers and because laptops draw air from the bottom it is going to have to covers blocking it. On a hard surface it has a little bit of a chance. I always use a book or something to prop the laptop when I am laying in bed and sometimes at a desk. (When I am using higher-end programs and such)

Yeah of course, I use a one-piece standard size chess board (like right now), but sometimes I CBA to get it out. On topic, I was just watching a 720p movie streamed to my laptop from my desktop, Matroska container, h.264 codec in GOM Media Player. Temp was stable at around 72-74ºC, and that is in Power Saver mode. And the chess board. :)

Now that I've finished with the movie and back to surfing a bit before I turn the lights off and go to sleep, it's at 54-56ºC.

Laptops just generally run hot, and I imagine if it has an AMD build laptop It's probably going to run hotter anyways. My PC runs 57 on full load @ 3.0GHZ, and thats still a tad hot. Just for reference.

Yeah my Core0 on my desktop gets to 62-63, rest of the cores don't go over 57 - under full load - but that's as good as it gets with the weather here in Spain, unless I lap it and I really CBA to. It's OCd on stock VID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom