New i7 build - Need suggestions/feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remeber with fans, you need a balance between high CFM, low Dba and low RPM. So yeh it can get a bit trickey.

Humans hear higher noises better, so a higher RPM fan will be more noticable than a slower one with the same dba. For them not to be annoying go with ones that are <1,600rmp and <25dba. Then just find the ones with the highest CFM in that bracket.

Hey guys, I'm planning on selling my current rig on Craigslist so that I can get some return on my investment. How much should I ask for it? I honestly have no idea, so what do you guys think?

Yeah unfortunately you won't get much for a x2 system anymore, graphics card isn't too bad though.

Also you wont even need any fans, the 690 comes with three already, back outtake, front intake and side vent, which is more then enough for your rig. Anymore then about 4 or so fans and you just mess up the airflow unless they are placed perfectly and temps will hardly improve if they do.

That's good to hear. To be honest, I don't even want to go through the hassle of installing second market fans.

Yeah it can get confusing for newcomers, personally i have see a lot of people just get crazy amounts of expensive fans which don't even really help all that much, a basic intake and outtake will do fine with most rigs. The 690 is a great case for the price, gonna grab one to put my new i7 rig in when i sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom