Not open for further replies.

tuxp3

Beta member
Ok here is the setup:
Server = windows 2000 advanced server + sp2 + RIS WinXP RIPREP hotfix
clients = (we want to install) windows XP + sp2 integrated
So, firstly we got out windows XP cd and slipstreamed SP2 into it
then we added that to the RIS server.
now we went over to the client computers and noticed that they have Intel 1000/mt desktop NIC cards and we needed to add the drivers for the cards to the install
Intel's instructions for adding pro1000 support to RIS images
i followed that how-to exactly and a different error occured, but after rereading the how-to and looking around the images\winxpsp2\i386\ folder i noticed that they dont include a step to add the e100xxx5.sys file to the i386 folder, and that got me past that error.
Now i have the PXE connecting to the ris server and downloading/loading the basic files for the rest of the install :)
we get to the screen with
'Setup is starting Windows..' (still textonly install)
and we recieve a BLUE SCREEN of death
the error is:
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
i googled it and found this:
Microsoft Knowledge base
that link applies directy to us.

Now the delimia:
we have 2 domain controllers: cserver (RIS server) and iserver
when we applied service pack2 a few years ago, we had a major issue and we had to call in a pro to do it for us. now we are very 'afraid' to do SP4 to the domains
does anyone know of a way we can do the hotfix without doing the whole service pack?
OR should we just set up another domain controller (on a seperate domain) just for doing this one RIS image?
if we do go the seperate server route: what OS should we use? 2k or 2k3 ? (does any version of XP support being an RIS server? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom