AMD Throughbred 2200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi

Daemon Poster
MAy i know if i want to overclock AMD throughbred 2200+, what is the safety level can go?
How much i need to set the FSB n multiplier?
I think the default clock is 100Mhz FSB multipler 18, is it correct?
Is it safe n stable if i set 133Mhz FSB only and didnt change the multipler?
The mobo is a Epox model. There is a jumper setting for cpu clock which default is 100Mhz FSB and can set to 133Mhz FSB.
Pls advise. Thank you.

yeah, you dont want to fry the CPU. Take it slow is the best advice anyone can give you.

when you overclock your AGP and PCI busses also get overclocked which will fry your graphics card any PCI Slot devices and/or HD's....so you need a board so you can lock those busses to AGP:66 and PCI:33

From experience the AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred has a default FSB of 133MHz (266MHz DDR) and a multiplier of 13.5x. I myself managed to overclock my AMD Athlon XP 2000+ Thoroughbred from a default speed of 1.67GHz to 2133MHz (2600+ Thoroughbred). Depending on your setup you shoud be able to probably hit 2.2GHz. Good Luck.

Oh and I would'nt try to hit 2.2GHz unless I had at least water cooling. With air cooling your tempretures should be fine with your CPU speed at 2GHz(2400+ Thoroughbred).

The mobo only have a jumper to set max 133Mhz FSB. As default, i tried from 100Mhz FSB in BIOS change to 133Mhz. After i save and exit, the machine cant reboot. So, is it i didnt change the jumper setting to 133Mhz FSB which lock the clock speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom