$500 Build Challenge - Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the GSKILL RAM is just fine although, I have had some trouble with quite a few defective sticks of the OCZ Gold series sticks.

I spotted some 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR2 800 (6400) for $29 after rebate. A friend said if I'm not overclocking at all, the G.Skill I posted was overkill. True? False? Will there be a noticeable difference between the two in the rig I've listed above?

If your not overclocking then yeah 1066 is definitely over kill. Actually even if you do overclock (which you should) the ddr2 800 is still fine. I would only get the 1066 if it was basically no extra cost or you think you might switch to a different cpu some time soon. Some processors have really low multipliers so you need the 1066. If your sticking with the e7400 heres a combo deal with e7400 and ocz ddr2 1066 Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! $160.

For psu you could go with Newegg.com - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies for about $40. Or see if you can find a OCZ StealthXstream 500w, I don't know if they stopped making them or what but Newegg doesn't have it anymore but when they did you could regularly get them for about $25-$40 after MIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom