Bios!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
hi, my friend gave me a 7VM400M motherboard which suffered from a failed flash of his bios. Is there any way i can fix the bios, or reload it or do i need to get the chip physically replaced?

lol yeah....failed flash..thats why he gave it to you cause it's basically a lost cause...once you screw up the BIOS you're basically screwed. I'm not even aware of any place that'll replace a BIOS chip...or if it was even possible

contact manufacturer... you can set the MBD jumper to recover, get the correct bios version and reflash it IF you can power up at all. otherwise, you're screwed. as a note, most bios flashes contain updates that pretty much wont help you, sometimes it will, but pretty much go by the saying if it aint broke, dont fix it. meaning if he wasn't having problems with it to begin with, USUALLY a flash wont improve performance (some occasions it will by opening up new choices, but read the bios release first!)

oh yeah, u can get a replacement bios chip. then you have to get a pair of chip xtractors, its a pain.

yeah see I didn't even know you could replace your BIOS chip...crazy..got a link for these chip xtractors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom