Windows 7 Milestone 3 Build 6801 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably won't be anytime soon if they do, considering Mak hasn't even gotten the private beta copy himself yet.

More than likely yes there will be a public beta. But not at first. Rumor mill has it that by the end of janurary. But i dont put much stock in that cause as Carnage said the official testers have not gotten the build yet. So we cant even fully test it out in that time frame let alone have the public test it as well and get the issues fixed before it goes public.

From my experience i would say that by March you will see a public build get released. This will give us testers enough time to find a good amount of bugs, report them and get them fixed so that when a build does go public it will be very good and very stable to use.

I would not be surprised if Win7 hits a Nov release date.

Is the public beta going to be the same build as the official beta given to testers? Or are they going to get input from testers, fix some issues, rebuild it, and put that as public beta. From everything I've seen so far on it, Windows 7 looks pretty promising already. Hope it hits retail before I decide to build my next PC (whenever Core i7's become more affordable, which probably won't be for a while).

From what i gather on what should take place.

Official testers get it. Run it. Report. Issues get fixed. New build compiled. Released to testers. Then that build gets released to public.

Check the Win7 Fact Thread in the Windows area for news on the Beta.

Since the Beta is out now, i will write up a new review and get it posted with my thoughts and findings.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom