New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
vista hasn't done me anyharm and sp1 definitely eliminated alot fo the issues, every os will have issues so I don't wanna hear the n00bs whining about it just cause they don't like vista ;) anyways yeh vista is fine and your build looks like a nice bang for buck build

vista hasn't done me anyharm and sp1 definitely eliminated alot fo the issues, every os will have issues so I don't wanna hear the n00bs whining about it just cause they don't like vista ;) anyways yeh vista is fine and your build looks like a nice bang for buck build

Im sold on vista, what about some advice on the system now then. :rolleyes:
lol. :D

the only thing i dont like about vista is that it is way to easy to delete the recycle bin. other than that it's light years better than xp.

Looking to build or buy a new gaming pc.
Have this in mind.
q6600, 9800 gt 1024, 750gb 7200, 4gb ram 800mhz, 750w psu.
looking to spend 700-800 gbp.
want to wait for windows 7.
Any help appreicated.
Thanks in advance. :)

- Drop the q6600 for an e8400 (its dual-core but currently games like higher clocked dualies more)
- At low resolutions, the normal 512mb 9800GT is faster than a 9800gt 1gb, plus the HD 4830 or HD 4850 is faster at around the same price
- Link your RAM, if it has higher numbers for Cas Latency than 5-5-5-15, its not good
- Link your PSU, watts are not enough to tell a good one from a crap one

- Drop the q6600 for an e8400 (its dual-core but currently games like higher clocked dualies more)
- At low resolutions, the normal 512mb 9800GT is faster than a 9800gt 1gb, plus the HD 4830 or HD 4850 is faster at around the same price
- Link your RAM, if it has higher numbers for Cas Latency than 5-5-5-15, its not good
- Link your PSU, watts are not enough to tell a good one from a crap one

so your not lost when he says "link" he's simply referring to a NewEgg link not anything through Bios :p anyways, yeah vista with SP1 is great I love how it's works hand in hand with my xbox 360 and 7.1 receiver as a streaming music/video source while also being able to act as a DVR and then on top of that I use it for everything else especially gaming it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom