Need Help with New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
Hi everyone, I current am using a Viewsonic VX922 19" monitor. This monitor is awesome for gaming and I love it; except it recently started screwing up on me. The monitor blacks out, and the light for the power button starts flickering. This ONLY happens when I try to play certain games like Starcraft or Civilization 4. It's fine when I'm playing CS Source, COD4 and Crysis.......... Anyhow, I figure I need a new monitor now, so I can play anything and everything, without worrying about my monitor blacking out.

What's the best LCD monitor I can get for about $250? I'm looking for something 19"-22".

Thanx to anyone who can help.

I think a 22" is max for my computer desk. Anyways, I came across a Samsung T200 20" and Samsung T220 22". Is this a better monitor than the 2253BW?

the t200 series is actually an hdtv too so it has more inputs such as component video and hdmi and what not. As for quality, they are pretty much on par with each other. The T200 has a little bit better contrast ratio though. I'd say go for the 2253BW.

Response time means nearly nothing now a days. I would go for a samsung or a dell 22", cant go wrong with any model of either.

the t200 series is actually an hdtv too so it has more inputs such as component video and hdmi and what not. As for quality, they are pretty much on par with each other. The T200 has a little bit better contrast ratio though. I'd say go for the 2253BW.

The difference in price between the 2253BW and T220 Samsung is about 60$ CAD. I live in vancouver, bc..... but if they are pretty much on part, I'd rather go for the 2253bw then.

I strictly use my monitor for computer use only. I don't watch tv or do other stuff with it.

Can anybody else confirm that the 2253bw is on par with the T220?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom