First build/no display please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyG

Baseband Member
I need your help guys!
I did my firs build today.
I have Biostar I45, Intel E8500, HD 4850,G.skill PI 2x2 gig and Acer 22' monitor. I have connected everything and all hte fans and lights go on including the video card. Optical drive is working and the keyboard light is working. The only thing is get no Signal sign on the monitor. What could be the problem?

Did you make sure you plugged in the 8pin on the motherboard and the 6pin for the video card?

8 pin is the cpu power? and the 6 pin is the video power? I connected them and the video card fan is spinning

Just tried it. that didn't work

The motherboard is telling me that my cpu temperature is 35C. Does that mean that CPU is working? and it is something else?

The Biostar I45 has a molex (4pin horizontal) connector on the board itself that provides extra power for the video cards. If you haven't plugged that in already, give it a try.

Wait how is the motherboard telling you the temperature, did you get an image?

I have no image. The molex didn't work. The biostar has electronic digits on it. According to the manual it is the CPU temp.

Are you able to take a picture of the inside of your computer? Doing so makes it easier for us to diagnose.

I am working on the pictures. Could it be any of the jumpers? I haven't touch any of them.

Got it fixed thank you for all the help. I moved the video card to a different slot don't know the name of it but it is orange collor. It also had green collor slot. Since my ram was in orange collor slot I decided to collor coded and it worked lol. So happy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom