Sensible video upgrade from 8800gt sli..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I want to upgrade in about 3-6 months, if I wait 6 months would the gtx 260's be a decent upgrade for the money/product?

saveup for 6 months and wait for the next generation video cards, the current 9000 series cards for the price are not going to be a huge omg improvement over your 8000 series cards.

right now frys has the pny nvidia 9800gtx oc's for about 220 a pop. so you can find those cards for about 200 elsewhere. ok so 400ish for a marginal upgrade. (if you bought right now)

the gtx 260's are goin to cost more money for an upgrade, even in 6 months for a quad sli solution like that, at least 300 bucks a piece and by then 2nd grade quality hd cards.

I'd say wait for 10k series cards and stay with the gtx bracket in the same 500-600 price range. either way you got 6 months to save up, you'll find a good solution.

saveup for 6 months and wait for the next generation video cards, the current 9000 series cards for the price are not going to be a huge omg improvement over your 8000 series cards.

right now frys has the pny nvidia 9800gtx oc's for about 220 a pop. so you can find those cards for about 200 elsewhere. ok so 400ish for a marginal upgrade. (if you bought right now)

the gtx 260's are goin to cost more money for an upgrade, even in 6 months for a quad sli solution like that, at least 300 bucks a piece and by then 2nd grade quality hd cards.

I'd say wait for 10k series cards and stay with the gtx bracket in the same 500-600 price range. either way you got 6 months to save up, you'll find a good solution.

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$160 each.

You can find em used for like 125 each.

I would hold off on upgrading for the time being. Do you really need more performance than the 8800gt's are giving you?

Buying a 9800GTX would simply be foolish right now. Anything less than a gtx260 will not even be worth upgrading from the 8800GT. Ask me how i know :p Also, trying to plan out upgrades more than 1-2 months is really hard to do seeing as nvidia and ati dont tend to tell us what they have in the works until they day they release it lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom